Admission to Postgraduate programmes will be based on the performance in the Postgraduate Entrance Examination
(PGEE 2013) and an interview to be held at IIIT Hyderabad.
For M.S by Research and Ph.D programmes, exceptional candidates may be called directly for the interview on the basis of their qualification and experience. For details of application visit http://www.iiit.ac.in/admissions/postgraduate/standingpg)
About Postgraduate Entrance Examination (PGEE 2013):
An all-India examination to test the preparedness of the
applicants will be held on 21 April, 2013. The examination will be held at
Hyderabad and a number of major cities in the country depending on the number of
applicants from each region. The entrance examination will consist of two
papers. Paper I test the general aptitude of the candidate and will consist of
objective questions from Mathematics, Programming, and Logical Reasoning. Paper
II is the Subject Paper, which tests the candidate's subject knowledge.
How To Apply ?
All applications should be submitted through online in PGEE portal. To submit the application, a candidate has to complete two registration forms: Pre-Registration Form and Main Registration Form.
If you didn't get any mail from firstname.lastname@example.org after filling pre or main registration form click here
- Filling of Pre-Registration Form. (online payment is recommended)
After filling the Pre-Registration form, the candidate receives an E-Mail which contains the link and identification code. The link should be opened in a browser by supplying the identification code to fill in the Main Registration Form.
Demand Draft in favor of IIIT Hyderabad payable at Hyderabad for appropriate amount should be drawn. A candidate must write application number (received in the confirmation mail) along with the name, email id on the reverse side of the demand draft and send the same to the Chairman, PG Admissions, IIIT, Gachibowli, Hyderabad-500032, Andhra Pradesh.
- Filling of Main Registration Form
The main registration form can only be filled by opening the link received through the E-Mail, after filling in the preceeding pre-registration form.
- Uploading Photo
Upload your passport size photo throgh this link:http://admissions.iiit.ac.in/PGEE/portal/photo/.
Important Notes :
Note that the Registration WILL NOT be considered until the candidate completes the Main Registration Form. After filling in the Main Registration Form, the candidate gets an Acknowledgement E-Mail, which confirms that the registration is complete.
- The purpose of Pre-Registration Form is to confirm the e-mail address. So it is very important to give a valid e-mail ID as it will be used for later communication.
- Note that the candidate can also update the information such as program details and center till their application has been finalized, by following the same link which has been received after filling in pre-registration form.
- Everytime you update or modify your information you will get an updated acknowledge e-mail.
- Most important, please check the acknowledgement E-Mails in your "Bulk" or "Junk" folders, because sometimes the mails may go there.
- Application will be considered valid only after the Pre-Registration and Main-Registration form is completed, and the application fee is received by IIIT-H.
About Application Fees:
- Applicants can apply for one or more programmes in the same form by indicating choices.
- The application fee is Rs. 1200/- for one programme and Rs. 50/- extra for each additional programme applied for.
- Application fee can be paid either through Credit Card or through Demand Draft.
- Credit Card - While filling-in the Main Registration form, the candidate can opt for Credit Card option follow the subsequent instruction.
- Demand Draft- While filling-in the Main Registration form, the candidate can opt for Demand Draft option. After submitting the Main Registration form. Demand Draft in favor of IIIT Hyderabad for appropriate amount should be drawn. A candidate must write application number (received in the confirmation mail) along with the name, email id on the reverse side of the demand draft and send the same to the Chairman, PG Admissions, IIIT, Gachibowli, Hyderabad-500032, Andhra Pradesh.