- What is IIIT ?
International Institute of Information Technology , Hyderabad is an autonomous, self supporting, institution, started in 1998 , with seed support from the Government of AP. It received the Deemed University status in August 2001. A major goal of IIIT is to impart a uniquely broad and interdisciplinary IT Education of the highest academic quality. Link
- Where can I get the application form?
There is no separate application form needed. All candidates have to
register and apply through PG Admissions portal. with URL http://admissions.iiit.ac.in/PGEE/portal/pre/
More information about the programme can be obtained from the information page.
- What is the model of entrance examination?
General Aptitude Examination (1 1/2 hrs duration) will be objective type paper and subject paper (1 1/2 hrs duration) will be Subjective/Descriptive/Objective paper.
- I completed the application process using the portal. How do I know my
application has been received?
You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of
your application, giving your Application Number and other details. You need
to keep this email safe for future reference.
- Whom should I contact if I don't receive an e-mail within 24 hours?
If you don't receive such an email from us in 24 hours, please apply again
using the portal. Remember the new registration details. If the problem
persists, send an email to email@example.com with the details.
- I lost my application number. Whom should I contact?
If you have already sent your application fee, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
giving your first and last names, date of birth, programmes you applied for,
and your postal address. We will send you the application number from our
records by email. If you have not sent your application fees, it may be easier to apply again
using the portal. Use the new application number for all communications.
- If I have paid application fee more than once, what should i do? Is refund applicable on the full amount?
In case you have paid application fee more than once by mistake or for any other reason (you find the amount has been debited from you more than once), please immediately send a mail to email@example.com. The admissions office will cross-check the same and inform you of the refund possibility.
As regards the refund amount, please note that the refund for the additional payments, if any, will be only for the fee amount that was charged by the Institute and will not include the Transaction and/or Bank charges paid as part of the online payment process. The refund process will begin after the exam date and it may take 60 working days for this.
We suggest you have patience when doing the online transaction and check whether the payment has not been successful before retrying..
- I want to apply for part-time courses. Is the entrance exam same for part-time programmes and full time programmes?
A. Yes, you have to appear for the same entrance examination for part-time or full time programmes. However, while interview your experience and interest will be taken into account.
- I have written 'O' level exam of DOE appeared. Am I eligible for M.Tech (CSE)?
Any degree that is recognized officially as equivalent to any mentioned
in the eligbility section should be OK. Our M.Tech. and Ph.D. programmes are
open to anyone with a BE/BTech, ME/MTech, MCA and Masters in Science.
- Should Computational Linguistics applicants write the PG Entrance
For applicants from Linguistics and languages background entering into M.Tech, PhD in linguistics programmes, there will be separate
exam for Linguitcs at IIIT, Hyd in the last week of June 2016.
- For PhD is there any entrance exam? Are GATE candidates are exempted?
All candidates should appear for entrance exam. Candidates with
exceptional record may be called directly for the interview. You will be
notified of this in the month of June 2016.
- Can outstation candidates do PhD part-time?
Part-time courses are only for professionals in the local area.
There is an External Registration PhD Programme for outstation candidates
working in those institutions/companies which have a research environment
and adequate infrastructure to do research. They can apply for PhD giving
details about their work place, and the name and resume of a person who will
be able to guide the work at their work place. They might have to submit a
letter from the employer sponsoring them for the PhD programme.
- My MCA final semester completes by May 2016. Am I eligible for PG
admission this year?
Eligibility criteria mentioned against each programme must be met by June
- What is the syllabus for entrance exam?
Syllabus for entrance exam will be available on our website.
- What is the fee structure for part-time programmes?
Part-time students must pay the Student Status Fees (currently Rs.
19,000/- per semester) and the per-course fee (currently Rs. 19,000/-) for
each course they register for. During thesis work, fee will be charged based
on the number of research credits.
- I did BTech in CS. Can I join directly for PhD programme?
Yes. The CSE Ph.D. programmes are open to anyone with a bachelors degree
in engineering, MCA, or masters degree in science.
- Whose names should I give as my references?
References should be the people who can judge your ability and fitness to
pursue PG/PhD programmes. You should ask someone who knows you well enough
to write something substantial about you, including your creativity,
intelligence and ability to do research.
- Is there any time limit for completing part-time MTech?
Minimum of 6 semesters and a maximum of 10 semesters.
- If I have a valid GATE score, can I get the scholarship?
- In past institute has given GATE Stipend to all the selected GATE qualified candidates
- Number of students who are eligible for GATE stipend will be decided by AICTE
- Not all selected GATE qualified students will get GATE stipend.
- Will there be any examination centre in Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Kolkata?
All-India Postgraduate Entrance Examination will be held at Hyderabad, Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Bhopal, Guwahati and Vijayawada.
- Do you have any hostel facilities?
Yes, we provide hostel facility to all students. The full-time
programmes are compulsorily residential. For research programmes
(MS/PhD), this requirement could be waved by the Dean based on each case.
- I am married and I have a kid. Can I stay on campus?
Family accommodations are not currently available on campus. However,
apartments and houses are available for rent in the vicinity.
- Tell me more about financial support for the PG programmes.
Teaching and research assistantships are available at the institute for
students of the research programme. It may not be available to students of
the MTech programmes. We expect to provide full support to students of the
research programmes during their research work.
- For whom is Computational Linguistics meant?
Those candidates desirous of doing analysis of language for building
computational applications such as machine translation, search engines are
encouraged to apply. Their original background could be from linguistics,
language study, mathematics or any other, however, they should be interested
in language analysis.
- Is there any age limit for entering into PG Programme at IIIT?
There is no age limit for entering into PG Programmes at IIIT,
- I did 3 years diploma course and then did graduation. Where can I
enter my diploma score?
You can enter your diploma score/percentage in place of 12th.
- I am holding Bachelor of Information technology/science. Am I
Yes, you are eligible. Kindly check the eilgibility criteria at http://admissions.iiit.ac.in
- where can I get the model papers?
Click here for Model Questions
Click here for Linguistics Model Questions
- I am in fourth year of my B.Tech, what will i fill in my Percentage in Graduation in Main Registration Form ?
Ans : You can fill the Percentage or CGPA of your last semester or third Year.
- I am a final year BE/B.Tech student. Am I eligible to write PGEE 2016?
Yes, You are eligible to write PGEE 2016.
- I have applied for PG and Ph.D Admissions 2016. When and where shall i get my admit card ??
You can download the admit card through our website from 9 April 2016 onwards, with the same link and confirmation code which was sent to you in the Acknowledgement mail.
- I am a student having UG as B.Sc(Sc/Math/CS) and PG as M.Sc, so in UG column which degree i need to mentioned?
In such case you have to give PG degree in UG column. Because it is eligible for PG Program